Windows XP Pro network/ HP design jet 430 plotters

pfarchitects

Question

5 answers to this question

You should create a signature (click on the My Stuff>My Profile link at the top) with your version of VectorWorks and computer specs including OS to make it easier to help.

I have the same printer on a print server. A few things to try:

In the Printing Preferences dialog box, under the Advanced tab Process document click ...in computer.

I had a lot of error messages on mine until I swapped the additional memory I had in the printer to the other slot.

Don't send a print on start of the printer until it is done with diagnostics and the ready light is lit solid.

Don't send a print if the align light is on.

Don't cue more than 3 pages except batch print.

Thanks,

To expand, we have 7 machines running the spec below, 2 printers churning out 40-50 prints a day on average. definitely cued more than 3 at a time. Usually plotters are ok, however every now and again...say once every 2 hours, they print out a completely black print or print out black boxes where the text should be or change the colours or print double layers of text so you can't read the text.

That's quite a workload for that printer, I don't think it was made to be that kind of production printer. You must go crazy aligning the paper all day. This has been a great printer (read cheap) for me averaging 2-4 prints a day, if I was doing that kind of volume I would look into a better printer. I think the majority of corruption happens while the printer is waiting for you to align the paper, which is impossible to predict in your situation. Have you tried processing the prints in computer? Do you have the memory maxed out in the printers?