Curved Curtain

Lee -

I have a tool that does what you're needing @ http://www.landrudesign.com/LandruCurtain.zip

Add both files in the Zip file to your Plug-Ins folder. Add "Curtain From..." to your favorite WorkSpace. Create an arc where you want your curtain to end up. (Knowing you're wanting a circle, create 2, 180? arcs. Select 1 and run "Curtain From...", then do the same w. the other. You'll end up w. 2 PIOs for which you'll be able to change settings, like pleat depth and width.

Let me know how that works out for you.

Edited by C. Andrew Dunning

You need to have added "Curtain From..." to one of the menus of your WorkSpace.

Once you've done that, select one of the arcs and click that menu item. If a dialog box pops up, click OK. "Curtain From..." will then insert a PIO, using the arc as a reference.

Make sense?

2 things:

1) "Curtain From..." will only work on lines and arcs.

2) If you downloaded the Zip file this morning (3/14/08), it contains updated code that will work on multiple objects at the same time.

Hi C. Andrew,

Thanks for the plug-in and the updated link. I am having some difficulty with it. I added the plug-ins to my workspace.

I ran the tool and everything seems fine but the curtain object created seems to be invisible. Is this tool working in VW 2008 or only for v12?

Many thanks.

----

sorry - I see that the menu tool - "Curtain from..." works fine! The tool to make a curtain from scratch creates an invisible object for me even though if I do a select all the OIP shows 1 object selected - your curtain with its data. Any ideas?

Edited by sig_eigei

The tool works in VW 12.5 or newer - including 2008.

The only questions that I'd have have to do with how you went about installing and running the files. Did you put both in your Plug-Ins folder? Did you only add "Curtain From..." to your WorkSpace? Are you running that command on a selected arc or line? The only way I get invisible (non-existent) objects is if I try to run LandruCurtain by itself - which it was not created to do.

Does this hep at all?

"Did you put both in your Plug-Ins folder?" yes

"Did you only add "Curtain From..." to your WorkSpace?" no

"Are you running that command on a selected arc or line?" yes, and it works

"The only way I get invisible (non-existent) objects is if I try to run LandruCurtain by itself - which it was not created to do."

The command works...it's the tool that does not - I put it into a tool palate and it activates fine - it just disappears after the final step of creation - no curtain object appears although it is selected.

Ok - thanks for the followup. I have removed it from my Spotlight palate. I am not so familiar with the workings of vsm and vso files so perhaps that was my misstep. In any case, I appreciate the plug-in. It seems to work well. Would you consider adding the same functionality to polygons?