Disappearing Palettes

I am running VW 2008 SP2 on a Macbook Pro running Mac OS 10.5.2.

It seems that when I use Expose to go to another program that my palettes disappear. The only way for me to get to them back is to go to my palettes drop down and uncheck them and then recheck them, or for me to swap workspaces.

This is pretty annoying and takes a lot of time that I don't have to constantly be trying to reopen palettes.

Does anyone know the answer to this?

-Driscoll

I have noticed something similar.

What I have been doing is clicking away from the open Vectorworks window on to an area of desktop and then clicking back on to the application window which brings all the palettes back. I had assumed it was a peculiarity with my set-up as I have two monitors.

Hope that helps a little

Mark

I am also having this same disappearing palette behavior when using Leopard's 'Spaces' with VW2008. It doesn't happen with Expose, only Spaces. And it's not always the same palette that's missing. But it's pretty easy to duplicate the behavior.

Edit #1: I also discovered that after a palette disappears, you no longer get visual selection indication (the animated throbbing).

Edit #2: And if (for example) you go to 'Preferences > Display > Selection Indication' to make sure the animated selection indication is still active, after you hit OK or Cancel, it will open an underlaying Finder window, yet still leave VW as the active application. This happens with not just the Preferences window, but any time you press the Return Key for any dialogue box.

Very Strange.

Bottom Line: I guess that if you're using VW2008, you should NOT use Leopard's Spaces until this gets fixed.

Tim

Edited by rDesign