Need animation help, Quick!

Help! I'm trying to put together a string of animated models for a display at a Home Expo. Having some format issues. Here are some basics:

I'm on a Mac G4 with 1.5 RAM. I'm still in VW11 (I have 2008 but haven't switched yet, and won't until I upgrade from Mac OS 10.3 to 10.5). But due to time constraints, please don't advise me to upgrade first. Please work with me on the system I'm dealing with. Thanks! :)

When I make my animation I usually use the Video compression setting, and run them on QuickTime for my clients. I plan to run QuickTime at the Expo. But I want to string together various models with fades between. Using iMovie 4 I can do that, but it imports the models as NTSC (or PAL, but I'm not in Europe) and loses the crispness of the original animation. And when I export the movie back to a QuickTime format it still looks degraded. And no, I don't have QuickTime Pro and would rather not sink money into it. So, with all of that being said, does anyone have suggestions on the best way to get to the end result, given these parameters?

Thanks!

It sounds like you are running against the old axim "Good, Fast, Cheap: Pick any two"

Quicktime Pro is only $30 and will allow you to easily cut and paste your movies together. I do this all the time.

For another 19 Euro (~$40) you can also get QuickTime Effects . That will let you do your fades between movies. I have not used this, but it seems to get good reviews.

Or you can fight with this for several more hours to save $70.

Good Luck,

Pat