Changing Plant Grouping makes everything crazy

JGraber

This is something that has haunted me since VW12 and now in 2008. 2 different scenarios...same result. Let's say I add 5 of a plant symbol to the design in a grouping, then I copy and paste that same grouping into another location. I then rotate the new grouping. And maybe I do this again a few times. Finally I want to change all the plants into a single group. When I click Change Plant Grouping....all the plant paths go haywire and none of the modified group placements are preserved. This is also the case if you mirror a group of plants and then try to combine all the plants in one drawing. Each groups to the original group shape. I will post a before and after pic showing the problem. I'm guessing this is something that cannot be corrected.

I see what you mean. It can be corrected, but not by you or me. It will have to be corrected by NNA.

You need to submit a bug report. . Send them a simpler version to show the problem. It only takes two groups to demonstrate. It may be easier to show with a mirrored group rather than rotated.

It appears the code to combine plants is not looking for the rotation/mirroring.

Good Luck,

Pat