Tutorials

Brendan,

See this thread, especially Mike's final post.

And keep asking questions here. We'll all try to help where we can.

Good luck,

PS: For future questions, it would be well for you to include your OS & version, hardware, and VW version. You can create a signature line that includes all this.

I have the following manuals/tutorials;

VW Core Concepts

VW Architect 1&2 video by Resolve

VW Architect Training Manual

VW Step by Step

And then I have:

VW Essentials manual by Jonathan Pickup

VW Architect manual by Jonathan Pickup

These books with tutorial video clips get right to the point.

by following instructions/videos in the Essentials manual I was modeling in 3d by page 35.

My Architect manual is nicely tabbed and ready, while working on a tricky roof I put CD into laptop and watch the video as I worked on my desktop.

To me they are the best.

Bash around and use the help a lot! The help is generally obtuse, but every now and then it provides an "ah ha!" and solves your problem. And actually using VW on a project instead of test files will increase your learning speed.

Besides help, many answers can be found here on the forums, but you need to be specific.

I've been more successful learning VW through that combination than trying to watch the vids and learning tools that came with the software. The vids that came with the 2008 upgrade are better, but leave something to be desired.