Major Autocad 2008 Import Problem! VW2008 Export Not Working!

JGraber

Question

This is the first time I've needed to import an DWG into VW2008 since I upgraded a few months back and it was extremely unsuccessful. So I tried this both with the single file import and the batch import. I've also tried this with a 2008, 2007, and 2004 version DWG file. When I do a single import and choose a file.....nothing happens...except it shows in the bottom right corner that the "undo history cleared" was accomplished. It does not bring up any other import options like line weights or classes or anything. When I do the batch import...same thing happens...only this time a popup messages displays something like "are you sure you want to clear your undo history...yes or no". Absolutely nothing happens. Well, then I thought there may be a problem with other import types, but I tried a few and they import with no problem at all. Needless to say, all this is very frustrating. So then, I thought I better check the export function......once the export dwg is selected in the menu....nothing pops up. It is as if I didn't even select it. Well, I thought maybe my workspace has become corrupt somehow so I switched to the classic workspace and the problems persist. Am I somehow the only one with this problem? Please Help!

Edited by JGraber

4 answers to this question