Creating deck details using Repetitive Unit

Maybe a too obvious question, but hey, as a new user, I gotta right not to know...

Trying to create deck details with Repetitive Unit command, but can't get the detail to be horizontal. Odd, select the command, and the view changes to plan. So I can get funky 2X6 decking for a siding, but not as a deck...

Any clues, obvious or not?

Kevin.

You're correct, the Repetitive Unit tool creates 2D elements only. Most, though not all, of the tools on the (default) Detailing tab are "2D only" with the likely intent they will be used in Viewport (VP) Annotations.

I generally draw decks using Floors set to the decking material's thickness and then apply a hatch to represent the deck's orientation. If I need to show a section through the deck, I'll use the Repetitive Unit in the VP to add detail. Occasionally, I've tried truly modeling a wood deck by extruding an individual plank, making it a symbol, and then duplicating it as req'd. It hasn't seemed worthwhile. . .especially when the client wants to change the shape of the deck!

Good luck,