lost days of work

I AM WORKING WITH MINICAD 7.

HAD A 1.4 MB FLOOR PLAN DRAWN AT 1/4 INCH SCALE. WORKING ON FILE & SUDDENLY EVERYTHING APPEARS AS FLAT ELEMENTS.I BELIEVE ALL ELEMENTS ARE THERE BUT SOMEHOW ALL ARE COMPRESSED ON TOP OF EACH OTHER OR VIEWPOINT IS ROTATED. EXPORTED FILE INTO AUTO CAD AND APPEARS AS I HAVE DESCRIBED ABOVE. CAN I GET DRAWING TO GO BACK TO WHAT I HAD BEFORE EVERYTHING FLATTENED?

I AM CONFUSED. I HOPE THERE IS A SIMPLE EXPLANATION AND SOMEONE ELSE HAS EXPERIENCED. HELP. IF NOT I MAY HAVE LOST 10 DAYS OF WORK.

It sounds like you might have inadvertently moved one of the selection handles of your objects when they were all selected at once. This will cause what you have described. If this is the case, and the drawing was saved this way, there isn't really any way to spread the objects back out. If the objects were grouped, you could try pulling one of the group handles back outward, but there will be no way to snap to the exact point it started from.

Unfortunately, only advice for this sort of thing may not help you after the fact: back up your files regularly with backup software.