Viewport Section Marker Length

Guest Wes Gardner

In the Create Section Viewport dialog box, when you create your section find "Advanced Section Properties" where you'll be able to limit your section's length

Edited by Wes Gardner

Yeah but if I need the partial section to go 5m through my building I then have a black line 5m long over my plan.

I need the partial section refernce to be 5m long but the line from the marker that the builder will see only needs to be long enough to indicate the direction of the section maybe 1m long or something. Hope that makes sense.

For example if you were doing a full section with markers each end you dont want a black line right acros your plan thats why you have a gapped line option, but this is of no use with a partial section you dont need to how the end of the section length.

You will have to fake that manually.

Either put the "real" (the one linked to the section viewport) into a class you can make invisible, or use the Section Line Instances dialog from the Viewport OIP to make the marker invisible.

Use the section marker tool to put in a "dummy" marker that has the visual appearance that you want.

Pat