Wide flange (inch) Size Not Avalable

We have a drawing that was started in VW 12, then in 12.5.2 we are trying to modify a wide flange beam shape. No matter what size we select, the symbol changes to 'SIZE NOT AVAILABLE'. I have tried to remove it and reinsert the wide flange beam into the workspace, but nada. I beam works fine, and the Metric W shape works fine, but not the inch W shape beam.

Thoughts?

see attached.

Have you tried Tool:Utilities:Update Plug-in Objects?

I am not certain it will work, but may be worth a try.

It sounds like you have a data file missing. The beam data is stored in a text file:

VectorWorks:Plug-ins:Common:Data:WFlange-Inch.txt

If that file is missing or damaged, you might not be able to draw the beam.

Pat

Well all good suggestions, but no go.

I can open the file in text edit, and the shape I want is in there, but no matter what shape I select, the NOT AVAILABLE shows up.

Can VW loose the connection to the data file? The file seems fine...

I tried it on a co-workers computer, and it worked fine. Time to reinstall? I tried to copy over the file firm the working computer, but still no go. Perfect time to crap out on me.

Reinstall this weekend...that will give me an excuse to to the 12.5.3 update.

Thanks,

Spinner

Well this was a weird one.

A full reinstall of VW12, update to VW 12.5.3, still dod noting to solve the problem.

We use Netwrk homes, from Mac server, and it worked fine on teh local admin acct for that machine. This made me think it was a user pref. prblem

I dumbed the folder ~/Library/Application Support/Vectorworks. Upon relaunching VW12.5.3, the folder was recreated, and I jsut had to select my network workspace. Then the wide flange tool worked like a charm...

Odd...

Anyway, just if anyone else is having that problem...

Spinner