Jumpy cursor

• 2 weeks later...

It would be amazing if this was fixed on the next VW2008 update. The problem occurs when you are selecting multiple objects by holding down the shift key. As the cursor moves from object to object it changes rapidly between cursor types/icons and makes it difficult to tell which object it is pointing at. It also makes me feel like I'm about to have a seizure. It is so annoying and used so often, I wonder why this annoyance has not been addressed.

Guest Donne Martin

Francachela, lwaIT,

I did a quick test on my end but could not reproduce the 'jumpy' cursor. Please post your machine specs, OS version, and VectorWorks build number.

Does the jumpy cursor happen when shift-selecting specific object types?

Could either of you post or send me a quicktime movie of the jumpy cursor in action?

Donne

dmartin@nemetschek.net

iMac 2.8GHz Intel Core 2 Duo / 2GB 667MHz DDR2 SDRAM

Vectorworks 2008 SP2 Build 83507

If I start a new blank document, draw 4 lines (or any object), then select them one at a time while holding down the shift key, the cursor changes quickly between several different icon shapes and appears to jump around as it nears the next object that I am trying to select. This happens even if I turn off all snaps, etc. Many people in my office have complained about the jumpy cursor issue. Tomorrow I will attempt to make a quicktime movie using the firm's digital camera, but it is not in the office at this time.