Resource Browser Filenames Garbled

I have had this problem for some time 12.5 and 2008. The longer filenames in the resource browser get garbled with what appears to be some HEX code.

I searched and could not find a reference to this.

My system gets a permission repair every night as part of the backup. I have deleted the preferences file in the past and I still have no idea how to fix it.

What I do is just add Favorites when I need them and clear the list often. The filenames are OK for a while and then I look up and they are messed up again. I have no clue on this one.

Found this in a google search 30 character file name limit? that some other applications are having similar problems in Leopard, where the file name gets truncated and adds #XXXXX to the end:

Logic will import them, but it mucks up the name.

For example here is a file I want to import, edit, and then bounce and then name the bounce after the original:

elegba_guardian_of_the_crossroads

Logic renames it this:

elegba_guardian_of_the_#84562

or it will not import the file at all.

rDesign, thanks for saying something. I thought I was the only one and therefore it was my problem.

The only program I have with this problem is Vectorworks. I did submit a bug report. If you submit one too, then perhaps it will not be viewed as an isolated event.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Please ignore my last question. The simple act of adding resources, closing and reopening VectorWorks is duplicating the problem for me. Initially, the names appear correct in the Resource Browser. Its only after the application is later re-opened that the problem appears to be encounted. I have submitted a bug for our engineers to investigate.

Thanks!