Plant Hardiness Zone

Another look at the Canadian and American data, which use the same zone standard, and what do you know, the Vectorworks info actually makes sense. Thanks for the backup info for my search: turns out that the American map is good for about 200 miles or so north of the 49th parallel.

If you are curious, check out the Canadian map - nicely detailed, with clickable locations, and other info, but unfortunately stops at the US border:

http://nlwis-snite1.agr.gc.ca/plant00/

Thanks!

That's the biggest problem convincing Canadians to do anything about global warming: they all privately think, "Bring it on!"

But that's a discussion for another forum...

What I would like to do is port information from VW on cubic feet of built space/window glazed area/R and U values to a database that would provide me real time forecasting of passive solar effectiveness in design, allowing me to show clients the impact of their choices, of, say, a bigger window on the north side... Let you know how that goes...

Kevin.