Request for a Users Guide

visard

You mentioned that some sort of online library would reduce the workload of "frequent posters" due to a reduction in the number of repetitive questions that would need to be fielded.

My belief is regarding this portion of your is that it is most likely wishful thinking.

This isn't to say that having better resources is not a good idea, only that it will have little impact on the pattern of posts.

Personalities are variously suited to asking questions, making complaints, providing answers, or making random comments...that's what makes a board go...

Ah yes, one of my pet peeves with this software. Frankly I don't care how you cut it, on-line or printed, the manuals that ship with the software, stink. Sorry. Now back in say versions 9 and 10, each industry had its own printed manual. The PDF format manual in the software worked just fine. Now for some bewildering reason, all industries are combined into one source. This is insane. Clearly this was organized by a tech writer and not a user. My example as an architect is to look up "lighting", "light sources", etc, and lo and behold I have to wade through reams of theater lighting references. If you want to attract and keep new users this is THE most important thing to get right. Make it easy to find the information they need.