Blue Bar Blinking

Can anyone tell me what is going on when a simple operation in VW2008 (in win XP) causes the blue title bar of the window to flash as if it is about to lockup? Sometimes it does lockup, but more often it just trembles and hesitates before executing the command. Something about the calls from VW to the operating system seem to be disturbing the system, and it's freaking me out. So far, VW2008 is much less stable on XP than VW12, in my experience.

Guest Donne Martin

Try docking the OIP (so that it snaps into place). I'd imagine that if you have the palettes on your second monitor then the OIP is not fully docked.

This is a bug we hope to resolve in a future service pack.

Donne

Guest Donne Martin

I don't suggest docking the OIP to the data bar area. You can dock it to the right edge of the screen. VW does not support docking to the secondary screen.

Here's a sample workspace showing the OIP docked at 1600x1200 resolution.

Donne

An associate of mine is a big fan of dual monitors for each of his computers. I was sceptical of the benefits until I saw him working one day. Now I understand exactly why he has it this way. He uses large flat panel screens with one dedicated solely for his CAD work - everthing else is on the other monitor. Works a treat and totally overcomes the issue of not enough screen territory.

Michael, if you are losing a quarter of your screen to palettes you need a bigger monitor, or perhaps two bigger monitors.