crazy screen behavior

hello,

i'm running vw 12.5.3 on leopard on a macbookpro and am experiencing some really odd, almost psychedelic behavior on the part of the program. everything goes well until i open a file with complex hatches, that's when my screen starts to become painted with crazy yellows, purples, etc, and as move the mouse or try to do anything it worsens and worsen.

i'm not sure what do, the computer's video capabilities seem to be fine in all other software i use (which includes adobe's cs3 suite, apple's aperture, etc.)

I've had the same problem with my setup. Mac OS 10.4.11 and VW 12.5.2

It's happened at least four times now. I've been trying to track what's happening to narrow it down, but so far I see no consistent patterns.

I've run all the OS updates.

Happened this afternoon in fact. Restart cures it. Temporarily.

I've had this problem with a Mac Laptop, but in other programs. I've never had it happen when VW is open.

I've had it happen at the login screen when rebooting the computer, when searching the internet using Safari only. It takes about 30 seconds to 20 minutes for the screen to change.

When the computer was sent to Apple for fixing, they reported the motherboard had to be replaced. Apparently there's some problem on a batch of specific motherboards which presents this problem.

katie,

i would say in this case it sounds more like it is a problem related to vw12.5.3 running on leopard, plus the complex hatches i was trying to handle.

before upgrading to leopard i was not having any trouble with the same files, and i have not had any problems related to graphics in any other application ever since running leopard (and i put my computer to pretty hard use) so you can imagine i'm not going to run to apple to have the mother board replaced. instead what i'm looking for here is feedback from other users with the same issue, in order to try to understand if in their case it is related to the use of hatches or to something else. these are files that were created in vw10.5, which might offer another clue.

Edited by nicolas d

i've been having some strange screen behavior as well, but no psychedelic colors. my problem seems to be with the sketch options preview window. this little house drawing is supposed to update, and it doesn't. i originally was told by tech support that it was my graphics card, but i have the same problem on a completely new imac, with plenty of vram and ram.

i have also noticed some ghosting in some dialog boxes.

perhaps these problems are related somehow...

charlie

• 4 months later...

Hi,

Have the same problem, psychedelic colors in triangles and other shapes etc. getting worse when you try to keep going. Happens at random seemingly. This is same on our two iMacs 2GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 1.5Gb Ram, both running VWA + RW 12.5.3. One iMac runs Tiger the other one Leopard.

I have target disk installed the first Mac from a G4 iMac, then from that Mac onto the next one then upgraded one to Leopard.

Have not found a solution.

This may help: Quick fix each time it happens: Sleep and wake computer.