Script to "unfit" walls

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

The script shown will "unfit" selected walls that have had wall peaks added using the "Fit Walls to Roof" command in VectorWorks Architect.

This is an example of a "bare-bones" script. I leave it to others to add some niceties, such as error checking. For example, what should happen if nothing is selected?

Procedure Fix_Walls;

var desired_ht:REAL;

PROCEDURE HandleWalls(h:HANDLE);
VAR result:BOOLEAN;
BEGIN
ClearWallPeaks(h);
result := SetWallHeights(h,desired_ht,desired_ht);
END;

BEGIN

desired_ht := distdialog('Enter the desired height of the selected walls','10''-0"');
ForEachObject(HandleWalls,SEL);

END;

Run(Fix_Walls);

I'm not well versed in Vectorscripts, but I followed the instructions completely for the above unfit walls script & got an incredible mess. Most of the walls had odd angles at the tops, rather than returning to their original shapes.

This program really needs a 'unfit' walls command.

• 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...

Here is an update to the script that no longer let's you set the height, but does remove all the wall peaks and resets the wall so the changes show.

The original script fails to function properly under VW2012.

Procedure Fix_Walls;

var desired_ht:REAL;

PROCEDURE HandleWalls(h:HANDLE);
VAR result:BOOLEAN;
BEGIN
ClearWallPeaks(h);
ResetObject(h);
END;

BEGIN

ForEachObject(HandleWalls,SEL);

END;

Run(Fix_Walls);

• 1 year later...

Hi Pat ??thanks for checking! Ok, it does seem to remove additional control points (peaks); what I guess it doesn't do is level the wall if it's sloped or fix it if it's been goofed up by, say, one of the top end control points being dragged below the end of the wall (a wall that's been tied into a knot?). Once something like that happens, it seems to be quite difficult to get it straightened out again (see the screen shot of the wall with the top middle handle floating somewhere near the center of the wall)... NNA should really implement a full wall reset function!

Cheers,

Markus