Rotate Head ?!

JPP

• 1 year later...

Yes what you are asking can be done, but I think you would find it very tedious.

You would have to edit the 3d of a symbol that you are using for each fixture. Then if you have say fixture 1 pointing sl and fixture 2 pointing sr you would need two different symbols and so forth. I think that you would really hate doing that.

In a recent project I need to indicate different types of lights, but as they were not going to be seen in detail for rendering I used a standard moving head body, which was a Mac250. In the lighting layout was SGM Wash400, SGM Spot400, SGM Spot400 CMY, Martin Mac700, Fresnels and Floodlights.

I ended up with 5 different Symbols as one was standing on the stage and the rest were hung from truss. To indicate which were which I changes the attributes of the line color for each symbol, I also placed a light of a different color in each Symbol. All this allowed me to control that type of light by changing one symbol.

I hope this makes it a bit clear as to what you could do.