Printing problems

quote:

Originally posted by Dean Isham:

HP 870 cxi and an HP 455 plotter. If the value of the color is even the least bit dark they print a very very dark color.

We had this problem with an HP 970cxi but it went away when we downloaded the most recent version of the printer driver from the HP customer support page. On the other hand, our HP Plotter, which is an older 350C, has a color table all its own. We're running it through MacPlot on a G3, so I'm not sure exactly where the problem comes in, but over time I've learned to not fight it. I plotted a color table and I use it to choose the colors the plotter does well, rather than trying to get it to plot the colors it "should." Example: the color which should print as pure magenta prints as pale pink on our plotter. But there's another color on the third row of the color table that plots as a pefect magenta, so I use that one. It's annoying--especially when exchanging files with clients--but I've never found a way to fix it.

Don't know if any of this applies to you, good luck solving your problems--

Barb Nelson

RLK Hydro