Stippling

I am working on a Mac PowerBook, using OS 10.4.11, with VW Designer (Educational Version) 12.5.1.

In a garden design, I want to draw masses of shrubs and have each mass stippled within -- heavier at the edges than the center to give a sense of volume in 2D plan view. I see that the stipple tool can do this nicely but, the stipple tool seems to locked into vertex drawing modes. Is it possible to stipple within a (previously drawn) freehand shape?

Marc

Note that you can toggle through the vertex modes of the stipple tool to create a new stipple object by drawing it. But it sounds like you have an existing object which you want to stipple. Here's whacha do:

Select your poly then mouse up to main menu/Modify/Convert/Objects from polyline. . .

From the pulldown menu select the Stipple option.

A stipple object in the shape of your original poly will be created on top of your original poly. Choose stipple settings from the window which opens at creation of the stipple.

And thanks for the question! I had not investigated the stipple tool, and found the above info in the VW onscreen help.

Your signature indicates VW 12.5.1 The 12.5.3 update for VW is free and worthy.

-B

If you have multiple objects that you want to stipple using the same stipple setting, can you convert to stipple using a saved stipple?

I can't find if this is possible and I need to create a fresh stipple for each object. I can only see how to apply a saved stipple to a fresh polyline.