Dimensioning questions

I did a search but was unable to find answer. First question is, how do I set set size of dimension numbers. It seems to default to size 12, but when I go to Text>Size>Set size, and put in size other than 12, in my case 4, it still defaults back to size 12. Is there another location that I can't find to set this.

Second, I like to use side by side and stacked dual dimensions. I'd like it to be Arch style (less clutter) but it seems to be the standard with the large black arrows (ASME)

How do I go about changing to Arch?

Any help would be appreciated.

John

The way you set any attributes (text or object) in VW is to make sure you have no objects selected in the drawing and then change the attributes. Text attributes are set from the Text menu and object attributes are set from the attributes palette. If you have an object (or objects) selects, only the selected objects are changed and the defaults are left alone.

You probably want to consider a custom dimension standard. Go to Document Preferences and select the Dimensions tab. Select the ASME dimension standard in the pulldown menu then click the custom button and click the New button and give a name to your standard. Click the Edit button.

From the Custom Dimension dialog box you can change the markers and the offset dimensions.

Note that the custom dimension standard is only in the current document, so you probably will want to make a template/stationary file to have it in each new file you create. You can also import the standard into any file you need it in.

Pat

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

If you want your dimension text to be a different size to the rest of your "standard" text, you could create a custom selection (Tools, Custom Selection - choose Type = Dimension) to select all the dimensions. Once selected, you can change the size of all the dimension text, leaving other, unselected text unaffected.