DTM ???

orangeman

Hi,

I'm a landscape architect from germany (so please excuse my english). I'm using VW 2008 landmark and would like to use a DTM to calculate the soil cut & fill volume. I don't have 3d points or polygons from the site but 2D points with heights.

First I made 3D locus points with the correct height and created a DTM out of it.

From the planned site we only have 2D points. How can I create a "proposed" Site model out of these points?

If VW would show me the volume of the "existing" model I would create a complete second one for the proposed landscape get a basic idea of how much soil needs to be cut or filled. But I can't see any information on the volume of the site model.

Any ideas?

orangeman

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Hi Orangeman

You need to convert your 2D objects to 3D objects. This you can do under the Modify/Convert/Objects from Polyline commands.

You describe points for the planned heights. If they are just points, you should probably convert them to Stake Objects.

If they are areas, you should use Pad. You then need a fence to limit the area of regrading.

You then need to set your site model options (via the Object Info Palette) to determine how the cut and fill is to be reported. Click on Update and change your settings in the OIP to a Proposed view. You should see the contours update and the cut and fill update.

Good luck!