Recalculate multiple worksheets

CS1

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Hi CS1,

the recalculate command in the right click menu recalculates all worksheets throughout your file.

You don't have to use a script unless you just want a particular set of worksheets to be recalculated.

Hugues

NNA

Just to clarify.

If you right click on a worksheet and select Recalculate from the contextual menu, every worksheet in the drawing will be recalculated. I was not aware of this.

Perhaps that item should be renamed to Recalculate All WS or something. All the other contextual menu options only work on the active object. Probably not a problem, but could be an issue for some people.

Pat

• 6 months later...

Alright, if you want to be difficult about it try this: ;-)

Create a new Vectorscript and paste in the following two lines. You don't need begin end or anything other than these two lines. After you save the script, it will recalculate only one worksheet and only if it the worksheet image is the first selected object on the active layer.

RecalculateWS(GetWSFromImage(FSActLayer));

ResetObject((FSActLayer));

Pat

the recalculate command in the right click menu recalculates all worksheets throughout your file.

You don't have to use a script unless you just want a particular set of worksheets to be recalculated.

When I right click that option is not present, I have been in to my workspace and searched "all menu items" and cant find anything that resembles "recalculate" that I can add to my list of right click options.

When I right click that option is not present, I have been in to my workspace and searched "all menu items" and cant find anything that resembles "recalculate" that I can add to my list of right click options.

Make sure you are right clicking on a selected worksheet image.

Hi Laura,

Here is another tip if you are working with large files and large worksheets that take time to recalculate.

If you are editing a worksheet and you don't want it to automatically recalculate everytime you enter a cell, you can turn off the Auto-recalc preference for that worksheet.

Just open the worksheet preferences dialog and uncheck the Auto-recalc check box. Editing a cell will now just update that cell and you can manually recalculate the worksheet later on.

Hugues

NNA

• Love 1