Sign in to follow this  
doughd

Room Name Simple

Is there a way to change the precision of the the area displayed by the room name simple tool? I want to show for example 203 SQ FT, instead of 203.15 SQ FT. I tried changing the unit preferences in File>Document Settings, but that didn't work. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Pat, I tried that in new document, and that doesn't seem to work. What am I missing here?? I even tried changing all the precisions to 1, but nothing changed.

I don't know. I created a new file and made a space object. It displayed at 347.15 Sq. Ft.

I changes the Units:Area precision to 1 and it displayed as 347.

Try again?

Pat

I think you are out of luck. I can't find any way to change the accuracy of the area in the Room Name Simple object.

Time to file a bug report.

Pat

This is an issue that has come up before--unfortunately it seems that space tool is the way to go.

Thanks for all inputs. I have another question: When using the space tool, is there a way to change how big the text box is around the room number? And... Can I change the 'sq ft' text of the area to ALL CAPS? And for that matter, can I have say S.F.? If so, how?

DoughD, you can change the area units. If you use a "custom" area units definition, the units mark of that will show up on the Space object.

What about the box around the room number? It's not the same size as the rectangle from the room name simple tool, and it seems like they would be the same size. It's too big for my liking.