Worksheet Function for Z direction missing

I am using the worksheet to generate a cutting list for making cabinets by modelling the cabinet in 3D.

I am able to get the x dimension using the Width function and the "y" dimension using the Height function. I could not find the function for the "Z" dimension so I used the volume function and then divided by the width*height.

This works OK for regular rectangular objects, but fails when there is a notch cut out of one corner of the side panel of a kitchen cabinet for the toe kick. I now have a shelving unit that is 33mm too short. I have been generating my material cut lists with the model in plan view.

Is there some way to get the 3rd overall dimension?

Larry Bednar

The problem is the dimensions are based on all 3 axes. The material may all be one thickness but the functions return only the x and y dimensions. I may have materials which are different thicknesses, to make up a complete cabinet.

In the case of a piece that is longer in the vertical direction, I want its overall dimension ie the z dimension. I can easily get the dimensions on the plan view ie: x and y using the WIDTH and HEIGHT Functions.

I don't think there is an easy way to get the Z values into a worksheet.

Your best hope might be to attach your own record to the objects and write a script that will interrogate the object and get the dimensions and store the in the record.

This would be fairly easy to do if all your object are vertical/horizontal. If you have objects at an angle, it would be trickier.

Let me know if you are interested in pursuing this.

Pat