Scripts available to all files

CS1

At least two ways I can think of :

1?

Launch a simple word processor, write your code and save it as an unformatted text file (in MS Word, this would be "Text Only"). In VW, go to Organize > VectorScript PlugIn > Run? and find your code.

Note : you could create a folder that contains all of your scripts and have it ready on a confortable position.

2?

In VW, go to Organize > VectorScript PlugIn > Create, and click New (type = Command) in the dialog window. This opens the VectorScript Editor, where you can write your code. Aside from giving your command a name, you can also categorize it (click Category and name it something personal).

Next, open the Workspace Editor and set it to menu's. In the left column, you'll find a folder named after your category. Open it to reveal your command - which now you can drag and drop onto the menu structure in the right column.

My English idioms may be somewhat wrong since I'm in the Dutch version here - so I'm sorry for any confusion.

Guest Wes Gardner

You can "grab" a script from one file and import it to another by going to the Resource Browser, finding the VectorScript Palette (folder) double click to open and that's where your scripts are stored for that file, in your new file use the Import function to tranfer your script to the new file

Create a new resource, a VectorScript. The first time you perform this in a (template) file, VW will pop up a dialog to create a folder, next one to name the script, and finally a VectorScript Editor window.

You'll find this scripts folder in the Resource palette, but also as a floating palette on your drawing, and finally as an item in the Window menu.

Double-click your script in the floating palette to trigger the action.