title block in border visibility

Brooke

I find no class settings possible for title blocks in borders but they do not track the visibility of the border class. Must they not be grouped with the border for this control (sounds like a workaround, but not correct)?

If one has but one border in a drawing set, as would seem ideal, and one title block linked to that border, how do are the sheet numbers and thus drawing numbers linked to the page numbers on the title block/border?

(I know I've got to get with the 'sheet layer' program, but it's just a bit of a mess of unexpected behavior that needs sorting in my little head.)

The VW Border and Title Block objects are intended to be placed on each sheet that you want a title block/border on. Yes, it makes sense to do only one per file, but that is not the way it works.

In order to keep the information up to date, if the title block is set up correctly, you can edit the title block data and all of the project information will be updated on every title block instance. The sheet information will only be updated on the currently selected instance.

Pat

I understand editing of the title block and that tracking sheet settings may be set, but since tracking was not working for me I was wondering where that info comes from. In other words, I had my drawing titles set to track the drawings sheets but the drawing labels said "Drawing No." instead of the actual sheet no. (as it really should say, since the upper no. is the drawing no. and the lower is the sheet no.). The sheet no. was properly shown in the lower right hand drawing no. location (which again I think should be 'sheet no.' since there may be many drawings on the page).

Pls. see image for example.

Good guess on the possibility of different layers, but they are on the same layer: border-18x24. Different classes: border/title block: notes-common and drawing label: notes-new floor plan.

Title block is "my custom title block-4."

Edited by Brooke

I changed the border class to 'border 18x24' and the design layer to a layer also named 'border 18x24'. When I set both class and design layer visibilities to active only, the border itself is visible, but the title block on the border is not (some ungrouped text groups are, though, as expected).

When I change layer visibility to gray others, both the border and title block remain black but when I change the class visibility to gray others the title block goes to gray while the border remains black... So the title block has a different class than the containning border?? And how to give it the same border 18x24 class?

Edited by Brooke

Since you have My Custom Title Block-4, I assume that you have already edited it at least 4 times.

To change the class edit the symbol again and change the class. Then go back to the border and select the title block again. It will bring in the title with the new class.

Per our other discussion, you do realize that by having only a single title block on a single layer, you will not be able to use the automatic sheet/drawing labeling using the drawing label tool right?

Pat

Well no, I'm not sure if it penetrated and thank you for clarifying... that was part of what was driving my query about the originating data for the drawing label. And I'm still unclear as to why the drawing label is not tracking (as shown in the posted image).

(Note to self to further clarify the obvious, and what you told me explicitly: standard practice is to have a separate border/title sheet for every drawing so that each may be paged thereon and so that individual drawings on the same sheet my be numbered automatically.)

I wish I could change the class of the title block rather than re-creating it, which is maybe more of an accurate way to describe an 'edit.' (except that the box is made, and importantly the data nodes are present)??? "Edit the symbol again..." I wish I could do that without re-entering the project info from page one of the title block data input (and that I could do a few other things with the title block that aren't working out like I want them to).