Referenced Wall Components question

David W

I have a problem controlling the visibility of the components in a wall type referenced from an outside file. Specifically, the components will not turn off when their classes are turned off. There are other wall types in the same file (and referenced from the same file) that work fine. In the edit wall style box, these uncooperative components are listed as being on class "NNA#1_whatever_class", with "whatever_class" referring to the original class they were on. Can anyone tell me how to fix this problem, or what I did to bring it on?

Thank you.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

What referencing method are you using - DLVPs or Layer Import?

If you are using DLVPs, you have 2 options:

1) Select the referenced DLVP, click on the ?Advance Properties...? button on the OIP and you'll be able to turn off wall components within the entire DLVP.

2) Select the reference DLVP, click on the ?Classes?? button on the OIP and turn off the appropriate classes.

If you are using Layer Import, you will have to turn off the appropriate classes via the Organization dialog.

> In the edit wall style box, these uncooperative components are listed as being on class "NNA#1_whatever_class"

The edit wall style box should only list classes in your current file. Is the class "NNA#1_whatever_class" in your current file?

Thank you for your response:

I am using viewport referencing.

The "NNA" class does not exist in the referenced file or the current file. It seems to have been created in a third file (into which the other two are referenced) when we switched from layer import to viewport references.

Though the class does not exist in file 1 or file 2, it is listed as the class of the wall components in the wall type edit box for file 2.