Landscape wall bezier rendering

ginger04

After creating a landscape wall bezier I added some texture and wanted to see it in a final quality renderworks - the wall is curved but the texture remains straight... in an openGL mode it looks better (except the curved distance where the texture is a little stretched) so what might be the problem this time? thanks!

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Hmm - I am having problems with this too - and getting different results each time I render in final quality renderworks. In OpenGL only the top of my wall renders. In final quality, the texture doesn't seem to sit on the vertical surface at all...

Will experiment some more and see if I can find an answer...

Sorry about the mapping miscue.

A workaround is to trace the bezwall edges with NURBS curves and loft the 4 edges together as a solid. This NURBS loft can be textured with mapping options. Make the bezwall class invisible. DTM is still modified, but only the NURBS trace is visible. (Plus the NURBS edges in my example).

Now if I could just get the overlapping fence, pad and hull error resolved . . . I think the DTM would fill in behind the wall.

-B

Also, I see the flat texture you refer to in orig post.

In FQR the wall top and ends render, but the faces show as flat vertical planes oriented about on TOW end points.

Fast RW gets part of the front face and a void behind.

Open GL shows a curved face, but a void behind the wall.

I'm doing this in VW12.5.3. Am I doing something wrong? Is this resolved in VW2008?

-B