Eyedropper and Design Layer VP's not playing nice (v.2008)

Does the Eyedropper tool not work with design layer viewports?

I've tried it in several different files, but I cannot pick up attributes from one DL VP and copy the class/layer visibilities, overrides, etc. to another DL VP on the same layer. (And no, neither DL VP is locked, and I checked all the viewport options in the Eyedropper Prefs.)

Thanks in advance,

Tim

I just sent an email and two files (with WGR) to tech@nemetschek.net.

It's pretty easy to duplicate the failing eyedropper tool on VP's- the files I sent were two new test files I made this morning.

Hope to see a fix soon - I loved the working eyedropper tool in v.12 (when it actually worked on VP's).

Tim

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

This is a known issue with the eyedropper tool and DLVPs - We will fix this as soon as possible.

The eyedropper tool, however, works correctly on SLVPs. DWorks, are you seeing something otherwise?

Wouldn't it save everybody's time if there were a Forum Discussion Area dedicated to 'Known Issues'?

That way we wouldn't waste everyone's time (and therefore money) sending in test files for bugs that NNA already knows about.

It's also frustrating being asked to send in my serial number to get support, which I can certainly understand why, but only to find out that NNA already knows about this issue and that I'm just wasting my time.