Data Stamp update...

doughd

I have a good question: Why does the data stamp not update in VW 2008?!! I only use the export pdf or export pdf batch commands when I need to print. I need it to auto update when I print. Did it ever occur to NNA when they created the data stamp, that it would be a good idea for it to auto update?!?!? Can you say DUH?

I figured out for now what makes updating it pretty quick. I placed one on the first sheet, and converted it into a symbol. Then I copied and pasted that symbol to each sheet that needed one. To update I just double-clicked on one of them and chose to edit the symbol, and just changed (or checked & unchecked) one of the stamp's fields in OIP. Then all are updated with just a couple of clicks.

Honestly, the absence of a "real" date stamp is one of the things I find most frustrating about VW. A non-updating date stamp is minimally useful and certainly should only be offered with an updating one.

Currently we hand write the dates on sheets. Fancypants brand new VW 2008 and we hand write dates--can't wait for the next release.

I realize that the price of VW makes it a bargain but the practice of leaving out really basic tools is just so frustrating.

This message was published here way back ... don't recall by who :

This one-line script will find all data stamp objects in the drawing and reset them (causing them to update date and time):

ForEachObject(resetobject,(R IN ['Data Stamp']));

Can't make it much simpler than that!

I've been using this script for years... i just put it on a Tools Palette with a little icon ... when needed... select a date-Stamp & viola' updated without the angst and anger...