Warped Mirror

ghunter64

I'm looking for a way to render a "warped" mirror e.g a wall around 5000mm long and 1000mm high with mirror or glass reflectivity, but where the reflection is a little warped like the wall is made from a sheet of plastic that is imperfect, like it has random "wave" bends in it. I thought maybe applying a bump map but this doesn't seem to work and the bump map is always "jagged" even when I use a hi-res image for the map.

Does anyone know how to do this?

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Dave, thanks for your reply. I tried various settings but couldn't get a nice slow wave, rather it just looked like a quilted cushion with smooth hills but angular valleys. I've attached a picture of the kind of effect I'm after, notice the reflection of the car in the glass on the side and rear walls. Do you think it's possible to get this kind of warping using the Wrapped Leather bump...if so it would be great!

Thanks

Glen

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the tip...setting all amplitudes to zero except fold amplitude, and experimenting with the scale, fold amplitude, fold frequency and fold detail fields renders a very convincing warped glass look. I also used the "Glass Simple" reflectivity, the effect is really nice.

Thanks heaps!

Glen

• 2 weeks later...