Change the Default look of Schedules and Legends?

Every time I create a window schedule I get the same default text 'Arial'. I also have to go in and change the font, size and style. Is it possible to change these default settings so I do not have to change them every time I create a schedule?

Also, has anyone had any experience customizing a worksheet? The default window schedule includes some information that we do not require. Is there a way to remove or add items and create my very own default schedule?

Since you know where the source worksheet lives, all you need to do is edit it.

Select the database portion of the worksheet and click the littel downward pointing triangle under the red X above the column headers. Select the line to Show DataBase Headers.

There should now be a row (same number as the database section, but without any decimal point with an open diamond at the beginning. This is you database header row. When you select a cell in this row and put in a formula, it carries down to every row of the database.

You can delete any columns you don't want. Deleting and inserting columns is done from the black triangle pop down menu by copying and pasting the formulas around, you can change the order of columns.

You can also change the fonts and borders from here.

HTH.

Pat

• 9 years later...

What happens in a new blank file?  Quit and restart VW. In the Resource Manager add a worksheet and open it for editing. Type some data into a few cells. Go to the Format worksheet menu and choose Cells. Change the font color and font size. Now add some borders.  Do these changes appear? If not, restart your computer and try again. If it still does not work, consider uninstalling and reinstalling VW and/or contacting tech support directly.

If so, open one of your files that is having problems and do the same thing. If ti does not work in that file, it could be a file corruption problem. See if you can get Tech Support or another user to try the file and see what happens for them.

5 hours ago, TKA said:

For some reason I cannot format cells any longer, whether in a regular file or in Architectural Reports.vwx, any ideas, thanks

You can't format database rows individually.  The formatting is done in the header row.  Is that what you're running into?