switching from sheet to design layer

jlee

I'm working on a fairly large project with many references and many layers.

Here's my problem: When I double click on a viewport, choose a layer that I want to work on in the dialog box, it takes me to the design layer with that specific layer turned on as 'active only' instead of 'show/snap/modify others'. I know vw doesn't do that in other files - can somebody tell me where and how to change the settings for this specific matter??

Guest Wes Gardner

When going thru the same steps, mine retains the settings of both layers and classes from the design layer where I last worked. In that particular file, are the design layers set-up with just "Active Only" as the pref?

Edited by Wes Gardner

When you select the layer in the Edit Viewport dialog box, what are the check boxes under the pulldown set for?

You probably want to have the Display Using Viewport Attributes set. This will set teh Layer visibilities to the same as in the viewport.

It is likely you don't have this on and had Active Only set for your Layer Options prior to working on the Sheet Layer.

Pat