Jump to content
Outlander

Plant quantities not working!

Recommended Posts

I use the reports function to create a list of the plants in my drawing and their quantities. In VW2008 my quantities are showing as (1) for every plant no matter how many times I copy the plant symbol. Now I need to count every plant by hand! Any reason why this might be happening?

Share this post


Link to post
Guest

Could you explain how you got the plants onto the drawing in the first place?

Were they created by you or did they come from the libraries that are shipped with VW2008?

Edited by Andrew Stanton

Share this post


Link to post

I created them myself in a seperate file, dragged them in with the resource browser, then used the landmark-create new plant tool to add the appropriate plant ID.

Share this post


Link to post

VW is counting your plants as expected, but you need to help out the worksheet to get the numbers you want.

Open your file and worksheet.

Go to cell E2

Type in this code :

=count.

now your worksheet will count all the plants

Share this post


Link to post

I am having this same problem. I did the step noted in the last post in this thread and I have the right count on most of my plants but some are still off.

Share this post


Link to post

Actually, upon closer inspection, the count I appear to be getting is the number of group instances of the plant. For example, I use the poly-vertex placement mode to add 3 plants. I added another group of three. Instead of having a count of 6 plants I have a count of 2 plants. Is there a way to correct this?

Share this post


Link to post
Guest

And this is under the "Quantity" field in the worksheet created from a Plant Record?

If that is the case is there anyway you could attach your file or email it to me and I can check it out for you?

Share this post


Link to post

I am having the same problem. The qty are way off, I've tried the =count but my cellE2 is not the correct cell.

 

Its displaying numbers like 90 when there are only 5 etc

 

Can someone please help me?

Screen Shot 2017-08-05 at 1.30.39 pm.png

Share this post


Link to post

Go to the into the Worksheet View menu and check the Database Headers row. This will show you rows 4, 6, 8, etc.

 

Right Click on the row header for each Database Header Row (4, not 4.1, 4.2, etc) and select Edit Criteria. Add criteria to specifically list each Design Layer that has plants on it. Or if you have less layers with viewport to specifically exclude those layers.

 

By default a worksheet counts not only the instance in the design layer, but also the instance in each viewport, even if it is outside the crop and can't be seen.

 

So you probably have 5 on the Design Layer and then 17 viewports in the drawing.

 

Hope this helps.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Thank you Pat,

I set two criteria in my plant list:

1.  'Type is Plant'

2.  'Layer is (insert chosen layer)'

 

This eliminated the double count created by the plant list adding the count of the viewport as well.

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


 

7150 Riverwood Drive, Columbia, Maryland 21046, USA   |   Contact Us:   410-290-5114

 

© 2018 Vectorworks, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Vectorworks, Inc. is part of the Nemetschek Group.

×
×
  • Create New...