Still can't print or export PDF's in 2008!

I have tried turning GDI+ off. I have even downloaded the latest update, but still when I export to PDF the text in my viewports doesn't show up and when I try to plot a PDF it doesn't make it at all. It comes up with a notepad warning saying 'postscript error, no PDF file produced'. Now, I am using a truetype font called Architext. I don't know if it's part of the problem; it always printed fine in 12.5. I need to be able to create PDF's with this text! Does anyone have any tips?

I'm assuming you're using Adobe Acrobat, in whatever version. I had a problem printing to PDF from Microsoft Project for a large (24x36) format sheet. I went to cutepdf.com and downloaded their free software. Worked like a charm. Supposedly Adobe 2008 takes care of the problem printing large format drawings. Vectorworks probably has the same problem. Try it and let me know if it works.

Cheers

Tim

That's odd. It seems to work fine for me viewing in adobe acrobat 7.0 I was also able to make a large document fairly quickly w cutepdf. I also heard that adobe 8.0 acrobat solves the large format printing of docs, although I haven't bought it yet. Here's some more info on cute pdf:

"To create PDF files:

To use CutePDF Writer, open the file that you would like to print to PDF. Select the Print option (usually found under File > Print), and select "CutePDF Writer" from the list of available printers (DO NOT select Print to File option) to print. You will be prompted to select the destination directory and filename for your output file.

Please note that some applications, such as NotePad, will automatically print to your default printer when you select the Print option. If you want to create PDF file, you may need to change your printer selection within that application before printing the file. This can typically be done from Page Setup.

But you probably already done all that. Try visiting their website. Make sure you have enough ram and disk space, which is usually not a problem.

One last thing, make sure you have the latest acrobast reader version. And check the settings to make it backward compatible to around version 4.

Let me know if any of that works for you.

Cheers

Tim

This is such a waste of time, isn't it? Nemetcheck should work on making their product first - as robust as possible, THEN add features. I've had constant problems with it. But what do you do? It's like swimming slightly more than halfway across a river when you realize you don't want to deal with the problems anymore. Do you stay the course and try to complete your swim, or turn around, swim back, and try another, better CAD product. Tough and frustating call.

Good idea Michael!

Do you find, or do you think that if you had more memory on your graphics card that that would speed up the time it takes to render? I'm currently working on a project that has a file size of about 85 mb. Is that what you would consider huge? Any suggestions to shrink it?

Tim

Michael, sorry but changing my font is not an option. I guess I'm just stubborn that way. My file sizes are low anyways, about 1.5 MB. I have found a way to print my drawings though. I have to click the 'rasterize print output' button at the bottom of my print screen. The PDFs are a little larger in file size and the image seems a little more grainy but it works. And Tim, 85 MB is a very large file. Do you use workgroup references for your base info? If not you should look into it, they make your drawings much smaller and run alot lighter.

Some fonts have license restrictions that prevent Acrobat from embedding them in the document file. In that case the font name will be preceded by a padlock symbol, and a substitute font will be embedded.

Some older font sets, early 90s, don't have any license information, so Acrobat seems to assume they are restricted. In that case a newer edition of the same or similar font may fix the problem.