3D polygons overlapping

jacqueline

I am having difficulty making my Site Model, whenever I validate my 3D data it says I have overlapping 3D polygons. So I try to edit the group and instead of highlighting the problem area it highlights the entire site model. I'm not sure how to fix the problem if it won't highlight it. Any suggestions?

• 12 years later...

It would be difficult to 'find a solution' without actually seeing the file.  I do quite a bit of site modeling, and would be happy to take a look at your file to resolve the issue you are having. If it is not too large, like under 20 megs or so after it is compressed, you can email it to me.  IF it is more than 20 megs, then using a dropbox link or another program like dropbox would be necessary.

Up to you.

• Like 1
  • 2 years later...
  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Hello,

You could try pasting the lot into a blank file and running the Tools>Purge command. Make sure you check the 'Coincident Duplicate Objects' that will delete duplicated objects. Useful when checking imported dwgs etc as sometimes I see the numbers in the tens of thousands, just adding baggage.

Screenshot 2023-11-12 at 3.31.16 pm.png

Cheers,

Peter

• Like 3