Sign in to follow this  
YMG

Network dongle protection error

Question

Hi all,

After installing with the "C" serial, I get this "Network dongle protection error: An old version of License Manager has been found. The API used requires a newer version of the License Manager to be installed."

This happened even after I downloaded and installed the latest version of LM on the server.

Here's what I did next:

- uninstalled LM on the server, also removed the driver

- rebooted the server

- detached the dongle

- reinstalled the drivers

- attached the dongle

- reinstalled the latest version of LM on the server

- rebooted the server

- installed VW on a clean machine

And I still get the same error...

the client machine doesn't run the firewall...

I searched on the web site but didn't find anything...

Thanks in advance for any help!

4 answers to this question

I'm also experiencing the same problems with VectorWorks 2008 and a "C" serial number.

Initially I thought it might have been due to older versions of the HASP license manager running on other servers for other products. So I created a nethasp.ini file to point VectorWorks to the correct server. This failed to work.

As a test I moved the license manager (I'm using the latest version from www.aladdin.com) and dongle onto a clean box and then installed VectorWorks 2008 (automatically updated to SP2 during the install) on the same box and I'm still experienced the same error.

Hello.

There's some version conflict some where.... if you could revert back to the clean box you just had and do this:

(assuming you don't have HASP Driver and LM installed - double check in Control Panel)

(also assuming Windows OS for your sever 2000/XP/Vista/Srv2003)

1- Take the dongle out

2- install:

ftp://ftp.aladdin.com/pub/hasp/hl/windows/installed/redistribute/lm/HASP_License_Manager.zip

and then:

ftp://ftp.aladdin.com/pub/hasp/new_releases/driver/HASP4_driver_setup.zip

3- Attach the dongle. If the server is **NOT** on the same subnet as clients, then you will need a NETHASP.INI with the server's IP address in it on every client's application folder (where VectorWorks.Exe is)

If problem persists, email me at adastmalchi@nemetschek.net.

Thanks,

Abouzar

Protection Engineer

Hi there - could you email me a screen shot of VW when this dialog pops up? What is you Client-Server OS?

Abouzar