Jump to content

Animation of drainage around a house

Recommended Posts

I want to do a QT movie showing storm drainage around a house. Are any of you familiar with software that I can use with VW or stand alone that will let me animate something looking like water flowing around a 3D final render image? What I want is something like you see on the Discovery Channel that makes the complex simple and easy to understand.


Link to comment

AnimationWorks might do what you want. If not, you will proabbaly need to go to something like Cinema 4D and do the rendering in that.

AnimationWorks is a VectorWorks plug-in produced by Julian Carr, the Australian distributor of VW. It is available at http://www.ozcad.com.au/otherproducts/vwaddonsAW.html

Check out the demo movies for Waterfall and Air Flow (second and third on the left hand side.


Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...