Re-install VW2008 - XML Library could not load error

MTB

Question

(Mac version vw2008)

Have deleted app. library prefs, nemetschek files, everything I could find. Install from cd, then install SP2 and Plant database update. Still get XML library error, not able to load.

There is something totally wrong here. It would really help if there was a thorough script to 'uninstall' VW2008 completely. I have a sense that some file is not being deleted and is causing this behavior. If there is some other read/write permission or something that needs correctly someone in tech support please advise. Dead in the water now that VW will not startup.

2 answers to this question

Update on error:

I deleted again all I could find on VW2008. Installed from cd, did SP1 upgrade then sp2 upgrade each separately. Still get "could not load XML library error. Re-install VW."

Will not attempt install again until I talk to tech support and that there is some different procedure. I see others are having the same issue so it is repeated error and behavior evidently.