Help on 3D strategy to draw a spoon.

On 7/2/2017 at 9:29 AM, Alan Woodwell said:

@Lili VincentSee Video on my Youtube channel - This is a bit rough so apologise but you get the idea how to do it . HTH

youtu.be/QWgVFNw317g Paste this into google to see video or look Youtube channel Alan Woodwell. Be up in about 10 min

That is honestly so much help!!! Im up to the 3D filleting stage yet my shape doesnt seem to looked filled even though the fill button is on therefore the filleting is not working ?? I downloaded my file if that was any help to you

Screen Shot 2017-07-03 at 3.24.53 pm.png

Screen Shot 2017-07-03 at 3.25.28 pm.png

Final Copy.vwx

Ive tilted the tip of the cutlery item as im wanting it to face down. Im so sorry for all the questions you just have been a lot of help.. and im over time in handing it in

This is the design i am hoping for (inspiration given by image attatched as well)

Ive created the handle, the tip now just wanting a connector like in the image below where the user can 'pinch' onto 

IMG_1662.JPG

@Lili VincentHi, Unfortunately i cannot open your file as its a student version and cannot be opened by a professional version. All I can say at present is look closely at the video and make sure your fillit is not more than 1/2 the thickness of the extrude. Type in 0.5 (it will still show as 1) but try this.Can look tonight say 4hrs time.

10 minutes ago, Alan Woodwell said:

@Lili VincentHi, Unfortunately i cannot open your file as its a student version and cannot be opened by a professional version. All I can say at present is look closely at the video and make sure your fillit is not more than 1/2 the thickness of the extrude. Type in 0.5 (it will still show as 1) but try this.Can look tonight say 4hrs time.

Oh thats unfortunate, yes whenever you can is perfect!! I really am liking the tip of the cutlery item just cant enjoy the handle and the connector the same way !!!

Thanks Again :))))

21 hours ago, Lili Vincent said:

That video is so helpful, ill try myself now but using those skills i can create more curves in the handle like the original photo i attached. Im excited :)))

Would you be able to insert your file also? If i send mine in will you be able to open it??

Also, do i have to make the exact measurements as I am going or can i edit them at the end? As this is going to be 3D printed so the sizing must be appropriate.

1 hour ago, Alan Woodwell said:

I can't open your file as it's was a student version last time.

as you can see by modelling you can change as you go or at anytime. Size and scale, unless you are making an exact replica you are the designer so anything goes.

Yes I am making the exact replica to be made for people so i have to make sure it isn't completely out of proportion. I will give it a go of making the curves along the handle now

Hi Lili

I must admit i haven't used the subdivision tool much and are following the thread to learn more. I guess the sharp edges is a point or edge that you can select and crease. Creasing works on points, edges and surfaces. The leftmost bump in your drawing is soft so if you examine how it is done and do the same on the next.

2 minutes ago, Hans-Olav said:

Hi Lili

I must admit i haven't used the subdivision tool much and are following the thread to learn more. I guess the sharp edges is a point or edge that you can select and crease. Creasing works on points, edges and surfaces. The leftmost bump in your drawing is soft so if you examine how it is done and do the same on the next.

Okay sounds good- im worried when i send this for 3D printing it will be very out of proportion due to me not measuring each shape i make.. what do you suggest?

Follow the video mentioned earlier and you should see how it all works. Just play around with it and you will get the idea.

You seem to have 2 forks, not sure if you did the mirror correctly. Try to follow the workflow in the video. HTH

youtu.be/fRaUbl6Ux4o

@Lili VincentI will place a second video up showing this issue and also using the fork to create a spoon and a knife.

Should help you hopefully

Edited by Alan Woodwell