It says it installs, but fails to launch...

Lonrach

Question

(I posted in General first, then saw this thread...sorry for the dual posts, but unfortunately the only station we are having issues with, happens to be the person who purchased all of the copies!)

I'm scratching my head over this one:

I have one workstation (pc, far exceeding the minimum requirements) that will install Vectorworks designer, but when I open the program, it doesn't even get to loading the serial number before completely disappearing.

I uninstalled everything, and re-installed as a "trial version." It will open to the point where it says "you cannot save, print, etc" and after selecting "ok" if I click anywhere on the screen, the program disappears.

I know the dongle and serial number are good, as we tested it on a lesser machine, but alas, that's not where it belongs.

The drivers are all up to date, XP is up to date, quick time is version 7.2...

Any suggestions on what to try next are greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Andrea

2 answers to this question

There is also the following folder:

C:\Documents and Settings\jkelly\Application Data\Nemetschek\VectorWorks\2008

Obviously you should change 'jkelly' to your username. This folder contains personal settings related to the program, and can be safely deleted as it will be recreated on next launch.