can't see image texture in final quality, only open gl

kirk

i made textures from images of a mural i created in tiff to see them on the walls i created in a room and sometimes they all appear in open gl but only some in final quality rendering. any ideas? the image that isn't rendering is a much bigger file....

I am using VW 12.5.3 Fundamentals with RenderWorks on a Mac Pro OSX 10.4.10.

I dont want the image to repeat. just one image scaled and mapped to fit the wall size.

The image has been scaled and offset correctly as far as I can tell in the mapping window and shows up correctly in open gl in all aspects, just not in the other rendering modes. What is strange is that it is working for some images/walls but not for others. plenty of light.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Hello Kirk:

12.5 and previous versions had a width limit to image-based textures of 4096 pixels. OpenGL was slightly immune to this limitation. You can export the images out to a photo-editing program and re-scale them to less than 4000 pixels by right-clicking on the texture resource in the Resource Browser and choosing "Extract Images...".

HTH,