Section Viewport and Drawing Label Names

Probably obvious, but is there a way to rename section viewports or otherwise attach drawing label information between keys? I'd like to be able to reference my sections on floor plans with a section key such as '1/A3.3'. Enabling 'auto-text', the section key information shows up in my plan views as something similar to 'Section-2/A.3.3'. I can enter the correct information in the OIP, but would really like to use the 'auto-text' feature for coordination (speed, accuracy, less errors). I seem unable to get the desired result regardless of how my section viewport drawing label (annotation on my section sheets) is configured. The 'item' portion of 'item'/'sheet' options seems to only want to reference the section viewport name. Perhaps my method of implementing section viewports is incorrect.

Thanks!

Patrick

You can change the name of the viewport (or any other object in VW) in the top box of the Data pane of the Object Info Pallette.

But watch out and get them named early in your drawing process. If you put in Drawing labels or the like, they use the current name. If you later change the name, they do not automatically update.

Pat

Thanks for the quick reply Pat. I guess I can use that to control my detail key information. I hoped that the drawing labels would be attached to the viewports they are associated with so that if they are moved or changed the section key on my plan views would be automatically updated. Just not quite a automated as I hoped unless I am missing something else.

Thanks again!

Patrick