curved leader lines?

Hi, Fred-- thanks for your response. Could you explain what you mean by "curve line by 3 points"? I'm still pretty new at this. I've tried all varieties of polyline (bezier, cubic spline, arc) and when they are selected, the arrow ends in the attributes pallet are grayed out. I'm unaware of any other way to create a curved line. I'm using v8.5.2.

Barb Nelson

You can have arrow heads on the ends of arcs (not polylines). Rather than the 3-point arc, I prefer the Arc by Tangent tool. With this it is easy to start your leader line horizontally (or whatever) from your note, then point it to your detail. This only gives a single curved line, unfortunately, but you can construct double curves by drawing a new arc at a tangent from the end of the first one.

Note that there is a bug that sometimes flips the arrow head to the other end of the arc. See my discussion of this in the General Discussion forum, 6/20/2000.

AC