Lines Too Thick

mpkeane

Question

I am working on a Mac PowerBook, using OS 10.4.11, with VW Designer (Educational Version) 12.5.1. I am having trouble printing a file that was sent by a colleague who created it in AutoCAD and sent it to me as a DWG which I imported into VW.

The file may have been originally created to be printed on a large sheet (24 x 36?) and I am trying to print it on an 8 1/2 x 11 sheet, or an 11 x 17 sheet, just to show the client the gist of the design.

The lines of the drawing, although very clear and separate on the computer monitor, print thickly black and squeezed together on the inkjet printer.

Is there a way to adjust the setting to print a small sheet clearly?

Marc

4 answers to this question

Marc, in the Layer Setup (in the Organization palette), if you double click on a Sheet Layer you can then do Page Setup, resolution, etc.

You're right that a Sheet Layer is always 1:1 scale, but the viewports that might reside on the sheet layer can be scaled (via the Object Info Palette). Also, you can scale any whole page (by percentage) in the printer setup dialog or print dialog...

Too many choices???

In any case, I'm glad that worked for you... P