Update Saved Views

mmyoung

Question

When I want to update a Saved View, so far as I can tell, the only option is to select Save... from the views dropdown and then type in the name of an existing view.

I'd like to be able to choose to *update* a view.

Maybe you'd choose "Update..." from the same part of the dropdown where you select "Edit" or "Save," and you'd get the list of existing views to update.

Or ? maybe there would be an Update button in the Organization pane that opens up when you select Edit...

I know... these choices could be a little dangerous, in terms of wiping out a saved view by accident, but I think at least having the option would be nice. I'm constantly changing and updating my saved views.

thanks

Edited by mmyoung

4 answers to this question

What types of things are you changing about the saved views frequently?

It may be that Saved Views are not the right tool, depending on the end goal.

Good point; I use "working views" of something I am developing, and I change them frequently as the design evolves. I can end up with a long list of saved views, and I actually forget what they all mean.

So, I "update" an existing view by pulling down the Saved Views dropdown, choosing "Save..."; I type the name of the view I am updating, then I'm warned there is an existing view of the same name, I click on OK ? and I have an updated version of that view.

If I mistype the name, then I have to delete the old view, and so on.

I thought it would be nice to click "Update," choose the view to Update, and keep working.

?Michael