Status of SP2

IanH

What is the status of the issues that were initially reported with SP2 - in particular the printer issues ?

I went to load SP2 yesterday and the readme stated the following issues:

The new GDI+ preference may cause printing issues with some PostScript or other printers. If you experience printing problems with GDI+, you should turn off this option when printing. Be aware that this will cause objects with transparency applied to print without transparency.

Additional functionality in VectorWorks 2008 depends on specific features of your video card. For the latest information on our recommendations for VectorWorks 2008, go to http://kbase.nemetschek.net/ and search for "opengl".

The new plan rotation feature in VectorWorks 2008 is not intended to work with sheet layers. It is available only when you are editing in the design layer environment.

Plan rotation has some unwanted interactions with design layer viewports. We are working to resolve these. They should go away when you rotate the plan back to the unrotated plan view.

The exterior wall dimensioner does not work when editing viewport annotations.

VectorWorks may have problems when running on a 64 bit version of Windows with 4GB or more of physical RAM installed. Reducing your RAM to 2GB or using a 32 bit version of Windows will work around the problem.

One of the reasons for me to upgrade to 2008 was the transparency so the workaround for turning off GDI+ is not an option as I am actively using transparency. However, Im particularly after the plant library updates, so SP2 is of interest to me.

I just want to be able to make an informed decision on whether to update to SP2 in particular whether I will loose to ability to print and with transparency after updating to SP2.

I have had confirmation from NNA that the unable to print problem was a problem with the original SP2 Build (82099) and fixed in the new SP2 package, build 82613.

[edit]SP2 installed and printing with transparency seems Ok[/edit]

Edited by IanH