Need help importing a solid

I'm trying to import a 3d object created in DesignCAD into Vectorworks. I've saved as a dwg file and igs file.

VW opens the dwg file but it converts it 2 a bunch of 2d wireframe polygons rather than one solid object. I've tried specifying the import as 2d & 3D (default) and then tried just 3D. Same result.

Then I tried importing the iges file, it's unable to read it, says it's an empty, corrupt or non-iges file. I tried that one twice.

I thought there may be some way to convert the 2D wireframe into a solid object. I most likely won't have to alter it so that's fine.

I'm much more familiar with autocad and mechanical desktop if it helps to draw some analogies between how the programs work.

Please help!

Thanks in advance,

Eric

Eric,

If you are on a Mac and the file was created on a PC - please see the other post here about importing IGES files.

You'll need to change a part of the file for the import to accept.

quote:

Originally posted by Katie:

Eric,

If you are on a Mac and the file was created on a PC - please see the other post here about importing IGES files.

You'll need to change a part of the file for the import to accept.

where can I find that post?

and I should have mentioned I exported on the designCad using PC emulation to a shared folder, and I'm running on a mac running 10.2.6.